As many nonprofits, we could not exist without the dedication of volunteers. With very minimal staffing, much work is accomplished by members of the board, auction volunteers, and others. Here are some of the volunteer tasks for which we would be grateful for your help. If you’re interested in volunteering email us or call (206) 682-2848.
Board of Directors:
Join our board of directors overseeing the policies and work of the Parkinson’s Project. We are currently seeking:
- People with fundraising experience and connections to potential donors
- A board member to serve as secretary (edits volunteer-drafted meeting notes)
- Someone with communications experience (communications plan, newsletters, Web site, appeal letters, etc.)
- Someone with experience managing an assisted living residence
Join our 2012 Garden Party & Auction Committee and volunteer to help with:
- Procurement – help seek items, gift certificates, or experiences to auction (link here for auction item procurement forms. Anyone can help us obtain items to auction!)
- Day of Event – set up, clean up, registration, check out, etc.
- Preparation – put together auction item baskets, signs, etc.
- Administrative – help type information for the program and other miscellaneous typing or data entry tasks
- Call members to update their e-mail address
- Help with occasional mailings
Help our board of directors work with our major donors, potential donors and volunteers to gain their input into our project and gauge their willingness to support our project in 2012 and beyond. Thank current donors with cards, phone calls and meetings. Review information packets for appropriateness. Make the vision a reality!
Writer(s) who can help us draft fundraising letters, Web site and newsletter items, write and help place articles of interest in local press, author our auction program, etc.